As her bridesmaid, one of your main duties, second to assisting your bride with the planning of her special day...is to throw her a Bridal Shower!!!
This gives you the opportunity to create the excitement for the bride leading up to the Big Day...so it's your job to plan a fantastic pre-wedding party for her and her female friends/family.
To spark some ideas, we have a few points to steer you in the right direction:
- Tea Party theme can be a fun and simple idea. Start off with a color scheme...shades of pinks or pastels would be great. Then think small details; tea tin vases for soft delicate flowers, doilies placed under cupcakes and tea sandwiches, personalized tags for tea bags, cookie/pastry bar with several varieties, potted plant centerpieces for your guests to take away or as gifts for the bride.
- If your bride loves to cook or eat then you could consider a Cooking-theme. Consider a live demo for making something like sushi! Assign small groups for the prep work and put a little sake here and there ;-) Once the meal is prepared, have your guests enjoy their creations in a decorated area with short tables, floor cushions, Asian-inspired plates, lucky bamboo centerpieces and Chinese fans and paper lanterns. Give your guests personalized chopsticks as tokens from the party.
- Is your bride a nature lover? Then having a Garden-themed party might just be the best idea for her. Create invitations from seed packets or include them; this will give guests an idea of what to expect. Ask your guests to take along different types of potted plants, floral or herbs. Decorate tables with fresh herbs in metal buckets, potted plants and make the setting look like a garden (still keeping it shabby-chic). Have the menu reflect very fresh and natural elements, salads, herb dressings/marinates, grilled/broiled meat/fish/veggies.
Now that you have a few themes...let's get into the trouble-shooting when it comes to planning the shower:
- Don't be afraid to ask the Bride/her Mom/family what she wants! Also, the bride can make it even easier for her Bridesmaids by dropping subtle hints about what she wants, where she wants it to be held, who she wants to invite and what ideas she likes.
- Throwing a shower is one of very few responsibilities of a Bridesmaid. If you need to enlist additional assistance from someone else...close family member or friend of the Bride or an event planner, then do so. You want to make this a special occasion so go all out!
- If you are receiving help from someone else, consider sending a thank-you card or gift to acknowledge this person. Remember, this is your job not anyone else's.
- If your Bride does not want a shower, don't allow her wedding day to come without any prior festivities! Organize a quite evening of cocktails, day at the spa, lunch with her Bridesmaids...it doesn't have to be over-the-top, it just needs to be thoughtful.
We hope that you will find our tips useful.
As part of our planning services, we provide our couples with complete lists of tasks for each member of their wedding party.
We also provide planning and decorating for pre-wedding events too.
Contact us for more information at email@example.com