"Do they have to wear the same dress?"
"What style will flatter their body types?"
"Should I choose a solid or patterned dress?"
"What colors go well together?"
We have put together some great tips to help you determine how to go about choosing the perfect attire for your girls!
- Don't allow yourself to please all your bridesmaids. You will have to draw the line with deciding on a dress...not everyone will love your decision but it is Your day.
- Choose a color and length, then have your girls decide on a neck-line that suits their shape.
- Most Empire waists and A-line skirts tend to fit most if not all body types; exhaust this category first before venturing into other areas.
- Choose fabrics in natural light, especially for outdoor weddings, to ensure you are getting the color you desire.
- Choose flattering colors for your girls; if you have bright wedding colors, tone down the wedding party by using more neutral tones that will compliment rather than match.
- A smart way to incorporate color of theme into your bridesmaids' attires is with the use of a sash. You can add jewels, fabric flowers, patterns etc.
- Dress for the temperature! Choose light-weight fabrics and light colors for hot weather
- Decide on a reasonable price point for the dresses; remember that your girls will pay for their dresses, so be mindful of the cost when selecting.
- Not sure what color or shade to use? Think of the flowers being used in the bouquets...you can pull from the shades in flowers to help you determine what would look best.
- Weigh the options of purchasing, renting and making the dresses...if it's a nice style, your bridesmaids will want to keep and re-purpose it for work or another special occasion.
- A skirt and top can be a good option for your bridesmaids...choose a skirt that suits the style of your wedding (long skirts for formal weddings and shorter skirts for casual weddings).
We hope our tips will be helpful in making your decisions.
Need more assistance, contact us at email@example.com