You can have a green smoothie for breakfast, post-workout meal or even as an easy dinner option.
Here is a quick recipe that's packed with all the good stuff and tastes great too!
- 1/2 cup of baby spinach leaves (the stems tend to be a little tough and require more prep work)
- 1 apple (without core)
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup yogurt (unsweetened and low-fat)
- 1/2 cup berries (blueberries/strawberries fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup almond/rice/soy milk
- 1 teaspoon flaxseeds or 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
Simply blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy!
The combination of Super foods, helps to increase your metabolism so you will lose weight easier. It is especially effective in creating that slim waistline as the bananas reduce bloating, and the smoothie itself is high in fiber.
Like most of our dieting tips, this is to assist you in making that lifestyle change...not a crash diet or quick fix. This means that you will be able to maintain your healthy lifestyle even after your wedding day.