Unfortunately, most of those stunning ideas you see in magazines are very expensive.
Sometimes it can be really difficult to have that Dream wedding when there is no budget for the designer dress, exotic flowers, special details, amazing decor etc.
At the end of the day, it has to be the decision of the bride and groom to determine which elements are more important.
Would you rather an amazing wedding with all the little details for a small and intimate gathering of your close friends and family? Or would you rather sharing the special day with all your family and friends with minimal decor, flowers and a rented dress.
- Determine how many guests will be invited and stick to it! Many couples want to share their special day with all their family and friends...but sometimes it is not practical. When you consider the cost for the meal and beverages per person, decor per person, wedding favours, stationery etc; it can really add up!
- Is it important for you to have a big bridal party? Having to pay for bouquets and boutonnieres is another hidden expense. If you are on a budget, consider having one Maid of Honor only. If not, consider using non-flower bouquets. This could be parasols, fans etc...these items are much cheaper and brings a completely different concept to your wedding...and a GREAT PHOTO OP! You can also consider using modern bouquets - a few stems of Cala lilies dressed up is very elegant and serves the purpose.
- Try to stay away from venues that require a lot of fabric and lighting. Choosing the ideal venue can sometimes be challenging, but when it comes to your decor costs you will definitely save some $$$. Garden weddings and receptions are so beautiful! You have all the natural elements that you can accentuate and play around with. If you are using an indoor or tented area, using a lot of lighting could actually help to "mask" the flaws of the walls and ceiling.
- Wedding dresses - rent or buy? I personally found a great website for my wedding dress...it wasn't a designer gown but the style and price suited me perfectly. After all, you want to look great on your wedding day but I don't think your dress should be an investment that doesn't do anything for you! If not, renting a dress for the day is another affordable option. How the dress looks on you is completely different from how it looks on someone else. Once you accessorize that dress...you would think its being worn for the first time!
- Wedding favors should be little tokens that your guests will be able to look back on to remember the occasion. This should not be a huge expense at all.
- Stationery - invitations, programs, place cards/seating charts should be something durable as your guests are going to keep them. However, it doesn't mean it should be expensive. Unique is important, as well as durability...so keep it innovative!
- Re-use your decorations!!! Using your ceremony flowers and lighting for your reception is a good way to save. Consider using floral arrangements that can be used as centerpieces and lighting that can be a part of your head table backdrop.
- Consider booking a DJ rather than a musician or band. A disc jockey is a good way to have your ceremony music, cocktail reception entertainment and reception (and after-party) music covered. You pay one fee and you have the DJ for the entire day.
The reality is that, weddings are expensive and amazing decor, lighting and flowers do cost a lot of money...
Designs By Nishy provides good options for cutting costs without compromising the elegance of your wedding.
Contact us for more information via email at email@example.com; we would be more than happy to assist!