- Where possible, reuse and recycle. This may mean renting your wedding attire, wedding linens and reusing disposable elements from your ceremony to reception - such as flowers.
- This brings us to the next point - Flowers. Opt for potted plants, locally grown flowers, greenery and perhaps fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce paper products like wedding programs, menu cards and paper napkins. Instead, use chalkboard/whiteboard signs, leaves instead of menu & place cards and cloth napkins instead of paper ones.
- Choose a menu where produce can be locally sourced. The same goes for beverages, purchase from local distilleries, breweries and manufacturers.
- Stay away from wedding favors that are packaged in plastic or paper that will get thrown away. Your guests may enjoy a small potted plant, locally produced rum, locally produced food items or even seeds to plant a tree. Consider packaging items in a small bag that can be reused.
Let's work together to save our future!